Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XV
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 05:32 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
I don't think McPhee is a "give lots of assets for a single guy" type of GM. No, you keep the assets and develop them, then those assets walk for free, so you need to make sure you have plenty of assets. More asset. Moar!!

I also don't think that the Caps have a win-now attitude (and fwiw that may not be a bad thing right now). I think they're big believers in having a solid team that can repeatedly get into playoffs, where "anything is possible". So they're more interested in the low-hanging fruits when it comes to trades, I don't think they'll be parting with top prospects.

So.. no Ryan.. And I'm fine with that, because I think they need to see how the team shakes down under Oates first before doing any blockbuster trades. What's the identity, how's Ovi performing, etc.

What is funny though, is that McPhee has mentioned numerous times recently how he doesn't like going to UFA market, having to overpay and all that. What I want to know, is how of all people to "reluctantly overpay", he chose Ward