View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I know it's a relative term, but I believe our "core" - Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, and Seabrook - is top notch. That's the top third of your starting skaters.

Our biggest problem is that our second tier - third wheel types in the top six, and third line talent - consisting of four forwards and two defenseman - has one proven quality player in that role in Bolland, a young defenseman with consistency issues in Leddy, and a total unknown in Stalberg. Our third tier - consisting of fourth line players and third pairing defenseman - is fine.

It's that second unit of supporting cast types that needs work.
Nailed it!

The exciting opinion is to go out and get guys like Suter, Parise, etc. The unpopular opinion is to sit and wait for our glut of prospects to filter themselves out/into supporting roles. Unfortunately for those who love the excitement of big signings, Bowman is of the unpopular opinion.

I would love to see our team go and get Suter and Parise, but ultimately I know it's the more pragmatic plan to build from within. We have the talent to be competitive for the next 5 years at least, we just need 3-6 players from our prospect pool to pan out into supporting roles. A 2nd line player or two, a 3rd liner or two, a 2nd pairing defenseman (like Leddy solidifying himself) and we're gravy as far as players go.

Goalies are a different story.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote