View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
BR got finally got his wish. Who will your whipping boy this year?
Honestly I didn't hate Boulton being in the lineup until about March. I didn't like him at all whatsoever, and I knew the 4th line sucked, but I wasn't up in arms about it. We didn't have a 4th line worth a ****, and neither did a lot of teams in the league so no big deal. I think most people were fed up with him before I was only by the time I became fed up with him I was far more fed up with him than most people it kind of came on all at once.

I pretty much was set off by the game in Philly in March. We were down 2-0 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd. We were getting a PP, and he thought we were going shorthanded, and then washed our PP out by taking a penalty himself. He said he thought we were going to the PK, and tried to get Hartnell into taking a penalty. Of course Pete pulled Marty, and Briere scored into the empty net. We sucked that game anyway though wasn't Boulton's fault. Then the next week against the Rangers in the game with the opening line brawl he took a stupid useless penalty when the game was in reach, and they scored on the PP because of it. Combine that with how good the 4th line was once he was off of it it would be foolish to go back to him. I think Lou signed him to be more than a goon like Janssen. More like a decent 4th line skill player, and that's probably why he got a 2 year, and slightly more than league minimum salary unlike Janssen's 1 year, and league minimum.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote