View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Well, I'm gonna be gone until July 11th so I'm just gonna put all my various thoughts into this one post.

I still love Prust on this team, I'd begrudgingly give him 1.8 per x3, not a penny more. If he can get the money that he wants, good for him, was a warrior for us. Bringing back Mitchell wouldn't be the worst thing, I'd just like to add more depth that has the potential to score. To replace these two, I think Armstrong and one of Burish/Tootoo would be very beneficial for us. Armstrong does most of the little things that Mitchell does, but he also has the ability to put up points. He's had some injury troubles but work ethic was never an issue for him. He's getting paid 2 mil this year buy Toronto, so he shouldn't command much in a deal. Maybe 1 year, around 1-1.5 mil. Burish and Tootoo are two hard-nosed, gritty players who get into the oppositions face. Burish is somewhat more of an agitator, while Tootoo fights more. Burish won a cup with Chicago, but Tootoo put up 30 points last year and seems more like a Prust clone. I'm happy with either of them, Tootoo will be more expensive most likely. Irrelevant from both Prust and Mitchell, I'd love to see Konopka added to this team. He'd be cheap, a consummate vet and a faceoff phenom. I'd be very pleased with two of Armstrong/Burish/Tootoo/Konopka being Rangers.

For more scoring, there's a few interesting options. If and only if all other options are exercised, I'd consider giving Semin a shot on a one year deal. That likely won't be the case, so I'd really look in a different direction. I feel that he'd be a huge bust here. Obviously, Doan is an excellent fit. I doubt he'll end up leaving Phoenix but I pray that Sather will be everything possible/feasible to make him a NYR. If we can't get him, my immediate preference is Whitney. After that, I'm fine with any of Jagr/Smyth/Hudler. If they're looking for something cheaper, obviously Mueller/Latendresse should be of interest, but I'd even put a feeler out for Kristian Huselius, has been riddled with injuries the past two seasons but he can put up some points for sure, if healthy.

For D, I would really love to bring back Stralman but it looks like that'll be up to him. For vet options, Kubina is interesting but Tampa fans said he sucked, and if I recall he was scratched by Philly of all teams during the playoffs. Bryan Allen could be a good fit, Zanon/Jurcina as well. Maybe even Scott Hannan. I don't think finding one or two veteran d-men on the cheap will be much of a problem for us at all.

We may have to overpay for forward help, but overall I think the next few days should be very promising for us.