View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
IHeartZherdev*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Sure neither made enough of a difference in the 2nd round but they were rookies and as I said in my previous post they have plenty of time to improve and maybe make enough of a difference next year or the year after. And do you honestly think that in the 2nd round when Briere, who kills the playoffs, and Giroux, who seemed unstoppable at times throughout the season and the 1st round, that Nash would have been the difference maker? A team with a top 3 offense who suddenly couldn't score in a 4 game stretch is not something you expect to happen again next season. Not to mention that without Couturier and Schenn's play in the 1st round I don't think the flyers would have made it to the 2nd round no matter how bad MAF was. Again this is not a knock on Nash but I doubt he would have/will make THE difference when you subtract those two guys.
I think Nash playing wing with Giroux would be the sickest thing ever.

I don't think Nash is THE difference maker although I'd expect the Flyers to do more on defense and also, going forward, getting Timonen, Mezsaros, Hartnell, and Briere off the books makes Nash's cap hit absorbable and leaves room to re-sign and G make other moves - plus if they moved for Nash one big salary I'm sure would come back Columbus's way