View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Alan Ryan

vCash: 500
New Prospect Seth Griffith

ESPN Boston has a story on the Bruins new 5th round draft pick Seth Griffith: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruin...ffith-fired-up

The London Knights star lit up the OHL with 45 goals and 85 points last season and helped them to the Memorial Cup finals with 10 goals and 23 points in the playoffs. The Bruins are absolutely thrilled to have been able to get such a skilled and high-scoring player in the fifth round and are just as happy to have Griffith at their 2012 Development Camp.

Griffith has heard a lot about the Bruins organization while playing with Bruins prospect Jared Knight for the past two years. Knight was drafted by the Bruins in the second round (32nd overall) of the 2010 entry draft. "Well Jared Knight has really sold me on this team and this camp and just the culture," Griffith said. "I'm seeing now exactly what he was talking about. From the players to the trainers to the coaches and to Johnny Whitesides it's just a really well-run camp. They make you feel at home and part of a group but they also challenge you. And to be part of such a prestigious Original Six organization is great."

Don Sweeney compared Griffith to future hall of famer Ray Whitney, who will be one of the most sought-after unrestricted free agents when free agency opens Sunday. "Ray Whitney's had a very successful career," Sweeney said. "I think [Griffith] has a little bit of blend of those talents, and those types of goals at the OHL level I think speak volumes for that type of player that he is. Hopefully he can go and do that as he moves forward to play against stronger players. We like him; we like the player; and we didn't necessarily know for sure whether or not he'd be there, but we're happy that he was when he was."