View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
How many people in sports today even do what Shane Doan is doing? There is, probably a number of people you can count on 2 hands, that stay with the team that drafted them until the end. I have so much respect for anyone in sports that say screw the money, and stick with the team that took the gamble on them in the first place. That just doesn't happen anymore unfortunately, the sports business has become too greedy.

I hope Doan stays, but honestly with everything he has gone through with this team, he is one of the few that I can say deserves to go where he wants, and not be chastised about his decision. Doan is the guy that deserves "the decision" episode on ESPN, not King James. Doan was not only a leader for this team, but for this community in general. He wanted hockey to work here, and it's working. He is a leader on and off the ice, and an even better human being off the ice. He has done so much for this community, nobody could thank him enough.

I wish I won the mega millions jackpot when it was $660 million because my only investement, outside of buying my parents house would have been buying the coyotes and keeping them in phoenix.
Sadly that amount would have not been enough as if you did take the lump sum, the cash value of the jackpot would be around half of the announced jackpot and you only get that after taxes are taken out. Being an investor I could see instead.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote