View Single Post
Old
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Schalkenullvier*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I've seen a lot of him too (obviously)... And I can't figure out the extreme statistical drop from Florida to Calgary.

I wonder if a great deal of the problem with the Flames has been their coaching.

Bouwmeester played great hockey under Martin and for a brief time for DeBoer... Perhaps he needs structure in order to be effective?
Well for one, Sutter really hasn't done a very good job of putting his players into positions to succeed. Jay-bo has played insane minutes in Calgary, which reduces his effectiveness. He's been out there for nearly 30 minutes frequently- With that much work, he is what he is now, an effective shutdown D-man on top pairing level, without the offense. A Dan Girardi type of guy, minus the physicality. If he were to play less here in Boston I could maybe see his production rise again. He's not one that will solve our PP woes though...

All things considered I think he would be a great pick-up for Boston, but I'd be wary to give up anything much of value for him. Also I want them to explore the market for forwards first. So if there's no F out there and they could get him for Caron or the like, I say go for it. Flames have no reason to just give him away really though, so yeah.