View Single Post
Old
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Bobcat110

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I get their rationale behind it, but to me it doesn't make sense. In my 20+ years of hockey watching experience (not to mention countless hours of customer service), forcing someone who wants to spend their money for your goods into buying something that they aren't keen on (like preseason hockey) is bad business.

I wouldn't say that this would turn me away from buying tickets, but I would do everything in my power to not buy a preseason ticket. Unless, of course, they are providing you with these preseason seats for no additional charge, and still giving you all of your regular season games. From what I'm reading though, this is not the case.
I think it's psychological. If they gave away preseason games, then they would need to raise regular season games to offset. So, maybe it would make sense if they raised the regular season ticket prices and then gave the preseason for free?

For example, my ticket price is $36 per game (preseason and regular season) x 45 = $1,620 per year.

Would people feel better if they instead charged $39.51 per regular season x 41 games and gave you the four preseason games for free? They still make their target revenue of $1,620 per year on the seat...and the fans get feeling they are getting something for free.

As for the ticket reps, they come and go frequently. They've all seem willing to do there best to accommodate requests. I can sympathize, management isn't giving them much of a product. Selling ice to an Eskimo may be easier job.

Bobcat110 is online now   Reply With Quote