Thread: Salary Cap: $64.3M Upper Limit for '11-'12
View Single Post
Old
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
RangerBoy- One can only hope that the PA, maybe even as opposed to the NFLPA or NBAPA, actually has some leverage this time.

Undoubtedly, many NHL org's are in worse shape than their fellow pro org's in those leagues. I am convinced that Bettman's threatment of PHX is driven by an fear that if he starts letting these teams force their way and move -- many others could follow and the NHL could become a spectacle.

I am just guessing that a league in pretty bad shape overall, would be in even worse shape this time around if another year is missed. I think the NHL as a league has taken several steps in the right direction the last years, towards possibly becoming a league that might get into the lucrative national tv-money.

Last time around, they missed a year to get a cap in place. To tie players into %. Those are frekin major steps to be honest. Are they going to miss a year this time because of 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 percent? That's another issue. Last time around they also did not have much to loose, I would guess that there is more to loose this time. Last time around, Bettman also had a unified Canadian media behind him. That's a big big big thing. To that extent, that wouldn't either be the case this time around.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote