View Single Post
Old
07-01-2012, 11:18 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I don't really mind that. I disagree with the CBA ruling, and I would rather it not happen ever again, but what I don't like is how Schultz told multiple people in the Anaheim organization that he couldn't wait to play for them, that he said he was really excited to play for them, and never told them he was not going to.

If he didn't want to play for them, do it like Erixon did, telling them toward the beginning of the year so they can get some assets back for him. Schultz's season did not end until after the trade deadline, IIRC. If he was on top of things he would have told the team he did not want to play for them so they could trade his rights at the deadline.

Add the fact that teams were lined up for his services and there was such a huge media movement for him, it just makes the entire scenario ridiculous.
Unlike Erixon, Schultz didn't have a team he wanted to be moved to. Also, his situation wasn't comparable at all as Erixon would have had to re-enter the draft had he failed to sign with the Rangers. No one would have traded for Schultz because he could just wait a few days and have his choice of teams. As for the teams and the media coverage, those are things the teams and the media did, not Schultz.

Anaheim had more than 30 days to trade his rights but were unable to. I don't think that's a reasonable criticism.