View Single Post
Old
07-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Nice words.

"I'm so excited. They showed the most interest in me from the get-go, and I didn't take long deciding on Colorado," Parenteau said.

"They've got such a good, young group of forwards and I'm happy to be a part of it now. I'm 29 now, and I want to win, and I feel like I have a lot of good hockey left in me. I feel like I'm just getting things started."

Parenteau, whose initials stand for Pierre-Alexandre, posted 67 points for the Islanders in 80 games in 2011-12, a career high.

He scored 18 goals, with 49 assists, with 89 penalty minutes.

Parenteau, 29, is likely to become a winger on a line with Matt Duchene. That should suit Parenteau well, as he was often a linemate with Duchene's fellow 2009 NHL lottery pick, John Tavares.

"That wouldn't be too bad, playing with a guy like Matt Duchene. But there are a lot of other excellent forwards to play with too," said Parenteau, who made $1.25 million with the Islanders.

"After talking with the coach (Joe Sacco) and GM (Greg Sherman), it was clear they wanted me, and after talking briefly with my family, it became an easy decision."
So they were the first to contact Parenteau, and Sakic, Sherman, and Sacco all talked to him? Really starting to sound like they didn't spend much time, if any at all talking to Parise.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote