View Single Post
Old
11-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
But you did say Wright was a very similar player to Walker. That, in and of itself, is a massive stretch. Their styles may be similar but the results are significantly different. Walker is twice the player Wright hopes to be. Walker, when healthy is a legit 20 goal, 50 point man. I think he is a 2nd liner on most teams and could find a spot on Ottawa's second line. But you are right, the Sens would have to overpay to get him. We aren't going to have a firesale when we are the hottest we have ever been (8-2 in our past 10) and the hottest team in hockey not named the Flyers.
Offensively, yes, Walker is a superior player. But Ottawa would get Walker for his grit more than for his offense. I'm sure Walker could find a spot on one of our top 3 lines (we really have three scoring lines) IF he played LW. But Nashville won't give him up unless it's really worth their while, and the Sens could just get the same sparkplug gritty type of player in Wright, just with less offensive ability. I love both guys, but in terms of what each would cost us, Wright makes more sense.