View Single Post
Old
07-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Toughness fairy? What an embarrassing post.

Boston won a Stanley Cup with the "toughness fairy" on their team. The Kings had Kyle Clifford on their team with 10 fights.

You need to watch Prust play before you start disparaging him. Over the last two years, he has 7 short handed goals. One would think that he was "on the ice when the skilled players play" during those PP's.

I know it is tough for you to see Montreal moving in a different direction away from the soft passive team that we have been for way too long. Accept it. Times change and I am thankful that we finally have a management team that realized what our weaknesses are and did something about it.
To be fair, Clifford played 3 games and totaled less than 15min of ice time. But that's beyond the point anyways.

I have no problem with Prust, I find his term pretty long but he should be a 4th liner, not 3rd. No way should we have Moen and Prust both on the 3rd line. We need to improve our scoring and players like Prust, Armstrong and Bouillon won't do that.

Signing one of Prust/Armstrong would have sufficed for me. Then you can maybe sign an actual fighter that you won't have a problem scratching.
But Eller should be playing with skilled wingers too, otherwise we're just wasting his talent, and as it was brought up, we don't have the firepower on the top lines to just rely on them for scoring, having a skilled top 9 like at the beginning of last season would be better.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote