View Single Post
Old
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, Clifford played 3 games and totaled less than 15min of ice time. But that's beyond the point anyways.

I have no problem with Prust, I find his term pretty long but he should be a 4th liner, not 3rd. No way should we have Moen and Prust both on the 3rd line. We need to improve our scoring and players like Prust, Armstrong and Bouillon won't do that.

Signing one of Prust/Armstrong would have sufficed for me. Then you can maybe sign an actual fighter that you won't have a problem scratching.
But Eller should be playing with skilled wingers too, otherwise we're just wasting his talent, and as it was brought up, we don't have the firepower on the top lines to just rely on them for scoring, having a skilled top 9 like at the beginning of last season would be better.
Kriss, I am talking about the regular season. I know this past playoff season was an anomaly of sorts during the first round with all of the fights. The Habs need a tougher team during the regular season. That's where player's confidence can be developed and improved and having Moen, Prust, White around will help.

Regarding Eller, he is going to have to step up HIS game before we start worrying about who he has playing next to him. So far he has been underwhelming. This will be a make or break season for him. If he doesnt perform, well, time to look elsewhere. And to be fair, Eller is a 3rd line center so regardless of where he would be playing, he has to learn to succeed with "less than star" wingers.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote