View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 01:01 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I believe that the odds are the same that Nash would score 45 as Dubi scoring 25. Kreider... Great in the playoffs. Did he prove that he is the goods? Too small a sample for me.

I suspect that if Sather falls prey to your opinion then no real deal will be consumated.

We're both guessing. Do i believe Nash is worth the dollars on this team giving up a Dubi, picks, a prospect? To me, a no brainer.
The difference is if Dubi looks like he's not going to score 20-25, we can always re-assess and make a move at the trade deadline (where more players will be available, and we'll have a better idea of what we have in Kreider and a few of our other prospects). You pull the trigger on Nash and he turns out to be no better here than he is in Columbus? You're stuck with that albatross of a contract for 7 years--all of Lundqvist's prime and then some. My gamble involves taking a chance that can be easily rectified in 6 months if I'm wrong. Your gamble is an all or nothing situation. If you're wrong, the team's Cup window is slammed shut almost before it was even opened.