Thread: Speculation: Alexander Semin
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
No, shame on him for using it without truly understanding the metric itself. Comparing plus-minus without context is something I would expect out of a high-school student who's new to the game of hockey, not a veteran player agent.
Yeah shame on Gandler for not going on a 20 page mega corsi breakdown. If anything +/- should favor Parise since Semin spent a good chunk of his career on a rebuilding team, and the only season that New Jersey sucked balls Parise missed almost entirely.

Quote:
How exactly does tendancy equate to something absolute? It's easy to cherry-pick stats. It proves nothing. If you want, I can play that game as well: 0 goals in 7 games in the 2010 playoffs.
Right, right, I forgot, PARISE IS CLUTH AND SEMIN CHOKES. Stats to back it up? WHO THE **** CARES ITS ALL CHERRYPICKING.

Quote:
And where were Kovy and Henrique when Parise put up back to back 30+ goal seasons and 45 goals in 2009? Zajac isn't exactly an all-world playmaker either. Seriously, Parise has been an elite forward since 2006.
And Semin hasn't I suppose?

Zajac and Lagenbrunner or Brooks Laich and Fleischmann/38 year old Fedorov/Morrison/Arnott/Johansson. Hmm, this is a hard one.