View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 12:35 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Gaborik hasn't scored 50 yet but he did have his career year here as well as scoring 40+ twice already when he only scored 40+ once with the Wild.
That was more about him staying healthy. He didn't do anything he wasn't capable of doing in Minnesota. He just made it through the entire season.

Again--If a trade for Nash goes through, I'll find a way to put these concerns behind me and hope to hell I'm wrong, but there is a LOT that the pro-Nash crowd on these boards is willing to overlook/ignore.

-Overpaid
-Comes with excuses rather than production
-Known attitude problems (ask any Columbus fan about the "Country club" attitude in their locker room and where that attitude originates)
-Will cost cheap young assets.

Does this sound eerily familiar to anyone else (over the age of 25)? Nash is exactly the kind of player the Rangers of 1998-2005 would have LOVED. Remind me again how often those players worked out?

Management has done so well just by being patient up to this point. I want them to be patient just a little while longer. Pick up another piece or two in UFA or on the reasonable trade market (maybe Doan or Hudler and trade a 2nd rounder for Robidas). Get into the season. Find out what we have in Kreider. See if Callahan can repeat his performance from last year. See how MDZ, Stepan, Hagelin, Erixon etc all progress. See if Dubinsky rebounds. When we know more about what we have, THEN we can think about making a deadline trade to address any needs for a Cup run. Making a rash move now will make us more likely to ship out pieces that, in retrospect, we should be keeping.