View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 07:24 AM
HogtownSabresfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Sorry I am the one guy who likes Paul Hamilton and I believe him when he says the players in the locker play better without Roy around. I believe the stories about Toga parties in the middle of losing streaks. If someone wants to give us a second and a prospect for Roy great! Give Luke Adam 60 games at center on the third line. If he sinks, o well we aren't winning the cup this year, if he swims he's worth double Roy.
The whole WGR thing about a guy in locker man saying "you watch, we'll be better now" after Roy injury has no credibility. None. When was it reported? Right after Roy went down in 2010-2011? No, well after they started winning. It's like saying saying see I told you Kings could make a run when they were on their way to routing team in second round. It's a joke.
I am for trading Roy. Ennis can do what he can do. The move should have been been done a while ago but Roy got inured.
You now have to deal with his present value and people may question whether he's able to play after this injury -- that's the overhang. Be objective. Before the injury he was a point a game man or at lesat a 65-point guy and since his stats have nosedived.
Sabres can move him now and take less or start the season, play him to boost stats and if it happens get a ransom for him at deadline. If he goes on a 70-point pace this year, he'll command a ton at deadline.
Darcy is smart. He's waiting out UFA time and trades and seeing if demand goes up. He did this with Gaustad and got a 1st. He was prepared to keep Gaustad if the market for him didn't improve and will do the same with Roy. I think the market will improve. He'll get more than spare parts back or no deal.

Last edited by HogtownSabresfan: 07-02-2012 at 07:37 AM.