Old
07-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Lol seriously? So what if Fowler is in Norris conversation at the 40 game mark do we get to give Murray an extension? Because Murray gave him the opportunity to gain valuable experience?

Now back to reality... Murray isn't the coach. Do people not understand the basics? Lol did Murray threaten Carlyle to play Fowler as our #1?
No, but Murray did put Carlyle in a position where he felt he needed to overuse Fowler.

I understand what you're saying, and I even agree in part. It's just not that simple. I'm not saying Fowler didn't play his own part in earning his ice time, because he did. I'm also not saying the coaches are completely innocent in this.

The bigger part of this, in my opinion, is that he(Fowler) shouldn't have been needed to do so much so soon. I don't put that on the coach, either of them, because their job is to win games first and foremost. Murray gave Carlyle the players to work with, and it was his job to do the best he could with what he had. It was no different with Boudreau. When push comes to shove, they overused Fowler because they needed to. With the players they had available, what else were they going to do?

Murray plays a bigger role in what the coaches do, or rather can do, than you're allowing. Look at the blue line Anaheim had the last two seasons. Can you put together a blue line that gets better results with the players that were available to Carlyle? You don't think it's significant that Boudreau comes in, and after making a number of adjustments, the one thing he didn't change was his top pairing? Murray might as well have made a threat, because he expected results, and there were no better options.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote