View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
don't think we can count on him for the PP. He will improve our bottom lines +/- though.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the signing, and I don't think he'll do anything to help the team defensively.

If you look at some of the fancy stats, what you see is a player who is among the league's worst possession players. The Ducks gave up a ton more shots when Parros was on the ice, he was one of the most protected players in the league (he started more than 60% of his shifts in the offensive zone, and ended more than half of them in the defensive zone), and he played against some of the opposition's weakest players. He took twice as many penalties as he drew, and he managed all of that while playing only 6 minutes or so a night. The only thing that Parros is good for is racking up penalty minutes.

I'm not disparaging the person--he may be a wonderful human being who is "good with kids." If you want someone who is a liability to the team but will throw his hands, he's your guy. But don't expect him to make the team better in any other way.

Just my opinion.