View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I agree, I don't want to see him in goal either, but what options are there?

Nobody is touching him with that contract, unless they desperately need to get to the cap floor.

This year's crop of UFA goaltenders have been dismal at best, yet it seams nearly every team is trying to pick through the bones of what is out there.

I don't think the team can afford it cash wise but I'd like to see Mason in the Springfield. I'd also like to see a more "tandom-ish" partner to push Bob. But unless the team trades for Bernier, that isn't going to happen. And it doesn't seem like it is going to happen.

I'm not thrilled about this move, but at the same time, I don't know what other options Howson has.
Agree with all of this.

Two obvious options, IMO, exist via the trade route - Luongo (probably not but I'd for sure be in on that) and Niemi (of whom I'm not a big fan, but I'd feel better about Niemi/Bob than Bob/Mason).

UFA options (including Clemmensen, (IMO) were never really that promising.

There may be some creative trade work that could be done on the goaltending front. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Dekanich?
Damn that becomes kinda interesting...

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 07-02-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote