View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I've been saying this since the traded deadline. I still can't believe some of our fans are willingly giving up multiple top prospects and young players for Nash.
I'm not against giving up assets for Nash. I'm against giving up four assets for Nash. I'm not talking about draft picks. I mean two roster players and two prospects. That's ridiculous to me. If it was Dubinsky, Erixon/Miller and a 1st rounder, I'd be more receptive to it, but this is a pretty major risk to be considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Assets are assets, use them wisely to better your team..Its a tad disappointing, but this team is built to compete for a championship now and for the next few years. You can't hang your hopes on the development of prospects at this stage... IMO anyway
I don't think this team is as close to a championship as most do. I think we found the perfect storm this year. Relatively easy competition through the playoffs (which we still barely squeaked through) and a lot of other teams in the conference having major issues throughout the year.