Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Michael Leighton (1-year @ $900k)
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
I do not like him b/c he is not NHL material..he has not shown himself to be NHL material in numerous chances and not just with the Flyers. The guy had an opportunity of a lifetime that plenty of real NHL goalies never even got a chance to experience yet he blew it big time. My judgement of Michael Leighton is not in some vacuum nor is it unreasonable. Sure as a backup he can do the least damage but if something goes awry with Bryz next year I have practically no confidence he will be able to hold the fort. Hopefully I'm wrong but I have my big doubts...
Can you maybe point to some specifics? Because, as I have pointed out, his career numbers are contrary to what you are saying. He puts up backup goalie numbers and has throughout his career. There is no reason, except for the fact that you don't like him, to think he won't put up those numbers again. I'm not saying those numbers are going to win him the starting job. I'm not saying he'll get a Vezina nomination. But he will play backup goalie and put up those numbers that other backup goalies put up throughout the NHL. And if he doesn't, the Flyers will be ok. Just like last year, when Bob put up worse numbers than Leighton, and the Flyers were ok.

EDIT: And by specifics, I don't mean, "HE LOST US THE CUP."

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote