Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Michael Leighton (1-year @ $900k)
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Can you maybe point to some specifics? Because, as I have pointed out, his career numbers are contrary to what you are saying. He puts up backup goalie numbers and has throughout his career. There is no reason, except for the fact that you don't like him, to think he won't put up those numbers again. I'm not saying those numbers are going to win him the starting job. I'm not saying he'll get a Vezina nomination. But he will play backup goalie and put up those numbers that other backup goalies put up throughout the NHL. And if he doesn't, the Flyers will be ok. Just like last year, when Bob put up worse numbers than Leighton, and the Flyers were ok.

EDIT: And by specifics, I don't mean, "HE LOST US THE CUP."
The specifics are that despite his so-called backup numbers the guy has been a journey man AHL player for his entire career. His nickname is suitcase. He cannot hold a steady NHL job. Again this is not limited to his stint with the Flyers. How many times was this guy sent down? There are plenty of back ups who do not have this stain on their resume. He is an AHL goalie..period! I'm not arguing this anymore. Hopefully, he and you prove me wrong but somehow I doubt it.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote