View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

vCash: 500
Pretty good signing. At that kind of money, we can expect that he will be playing in our top 4. The money might seem a bit high, but the term is only 2 yrs so it's not that big of a deal. He averaged a little over 20mins a game last season, so he should be able to handle playing on at least the 2nd pairing.

We definitely needed another experienced dman.

Brewer - 840 NHL games
Bergeron - 465 NHL games
Hedman - 214 NHL games
Lee - 187 NHL games
Mikkelson - 127 NHL games
Aulie - 76 NHL games

I suppose where he plays will depend a lot on what Yzerman does for the rest of the summer.

As of now I would put our D pairings at:
Hedman // Salo
Brewer // Lee
Mikkelson // Aulie
MAB

I wouldn't hate that. I think Salo would be a good partner for Hedman, and Brewer on the 2nd line would def help Lee a lot. If Salo (or anyone else) gets hurt, that D core would look pretty shaky though.

If we can get someone like: Bryce Salvador, Michal Rozsival, or Carlo Colaiacovo for a similar contract, that would be fantastic. None of those would be big name signings or anything, but they would look good on a 2nd pairing with Brewer and provide solid depth in the likely event another Dman gets injured.

I would be happy going into the season with:
Hedman // Salo
Brewer // Rozsival
Mikkelson // Lee
MAB or Aulie

1st unit PK D:
Hedman // Brewer

1st unit PP:
Malone // Lecavalier // St.Louis
Stamkos // Salo

I wonder what this means for Bergeron though? I like him, but Salo kind of makes him redundant as a PP guy right?

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote