View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 12:16 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan has never shown that he can play C at the NHL level, at all. If he was at all capable of playing C in the NHL, Anaheim would have used him there, they've badly needed C depth for quite awhile now. The ghost of Saku Koivu has been their #2 C, with basically garbage/bandaid solutions at #3 C, if Ryan could play center he'd be firmly entrenched as their #2 C, with Koivu as their #3.

I'd still love to acquire Ryan if the price was right, he'd be an excellent winger for us, but this center talk is nonsense. I wouldn't read too much into John Shannon's comments though, he's just speculating, it's not exactly inside info. Also, as others have noted, Anaheim would almost certainly want a #2 C coming back, and the only good #2 C we have is Grabo, who I can't see us trading. Bozak, Connolly, etc. are poor options as #2 Cs, not the kind of players you're looking for when you trade someone like Ryan. My guess is they could get someone like Schenn or Couturier from Philly, Duchene or Stastny or ROR from Colorado, etc., and we really can't match an offer like that.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote