Old
07-02-2012, 01:56 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
We arent getting Suter, either.

Sitting by and being "ok" with not signing players that I've mentioned in the last thread was due to your belief we'd be involved with a bigger fish.

You have defended GMGM's actions because of this thought process. Does that still hold true?
That was never the thought process. So no, that doesn't hold true.

I was 'ok' with not signing those players because they weren't significant upgrades and were given generally inflated rates.

I've defended GMGM's actions on that front to this point because I see nothing wrong with them. Mostly, though, I've simply attacked the premise that the Caps are doomed due to their inactivity.

The Caps can win with the lineup they have now. The personnel is good enough going into training camp. It's very possible that the personnel we see now changes by the time camp rolls around, even if no moves are made in the next few days. It's also very likely that there is additional roster movement by the deadline.

It'll be a big mistake if GMGM didn't make a big offer for Suter. You won't ever see me defend his actions on that front, if that's the case.