View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The notion is heavily reliant on a healthy (2006-2010) Armstrong as a 3rd line RW.
I think people here have unrealistic expectations of what a third line should be able to produce. This isn't the 80s or the 90s anymore. Hell, this isn't 2005-2006 anymore. I've made that argument before, but if you split the league's forwards into 4 categories that looks like this:
1) Top scorer to 90th best scorer are first liners (30 RW + 30 C + 30 LW)
2) 91st to 180th scorers are second liners
3) 181st to 270th scorers are third liners
4) 270th to 360th scorers are fourth liners
Then you realize that third liners usually produce between 30 and 17 points.

I know it's a very basic way to look at things, but my point is this: realistically, if we can get 20ish points from Prust and 30ish points from Armstrong (if those two play on the third line), then we have an above-average third line. Then, if you can get 35-40 points out of Eller, which I think he could do even with Prust and Armstrong, you get a pretty good third line.

Not only are they producing nicely, but all three of them are defensively solid, tough to play against, Armstrong brings an agitating aspect, Prust can fight... I really like this third line.

EDIT: Even with Armstrong out of the line-up, I think Leblanc, Gallagher or Bourque could take that spot and do well.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote