View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 02:41 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I keep hearing Bourque is training like a mofo this offseason. I think last year was an abberation, and he's dedicated to proving that to be the case. Trading him now would not be wise IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Gomez couldn't produce in sheltered minutes and was almost as bad the year before. Bourque put up 27 goals and 50 points the year before, and was completely misused by Cunneyworth.

Bourque is an inconsistent player who disappears, but I'd take him over Gomez easily, especially on that contract. Plus until this team gets another top 6 winger, we really can't afford to dump any player with a goal scoring track record regardless of their "character"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If he could produce 27 goals with Calgary, I believe if he gets his "mojo" back, he can for sure score 20 here.
Bourque was annointed with a bad rap before he arrived to replace Cammalleri who did less for 2X the money.Bourque scored huge in Calgary with their awesome offence imagine how much he is going to do with Therrien as the coach.I believe he will be the kind of "glue"player that helps our team togetherness concept.Rene has the toughness to make the game hard for the opposition and it sounds like he will come to camp ready to prove his worth.Athletes need to be given the right direction to show their abilities and Therrien will be happy with Bourque IMHO.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote