View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I do find it funny when people try to rationalise his rumours.

They are quite clearly made up. There is no doubt about it. Sure he hits a home-run from time to time, but someone did the maths on it and you have a better chance of randomly guessing that he does of reporting trades. While he might actually report "real rumours" from time to time, 90% of them involve the biggest teams with the largest fan bases.

How many times have we been told a player is going to Philly or Toronto.

He stole a trade rumour directly from me once. When I was talking about the flyers looking at Jaybo and what they would have to give up. Needless to say, the next day he reported that the flyers were in talks with the flames, and they were offering the exact same things. He also steals rumours directly from other beat writers and passes them off as his own, he was caught doing so.

He's not very intelligent, but he peddles rumours and people lap it up. It's incredible. How people can jusitfy paying for his stuff is crazy.
Not buying it, it happens. It's too easy to discredit him and say he makes it all up, but gets one right occasionally. He doesn't shy away from what he is, and the hockey community is a devoted and active one. We eat it up too.