View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
After reading this post, it becomes crystal clear...

You clearly hate Ray Allen.. Therefore, it is an exercise in abject futility to have a rational discussion about basketball, the Celtics, Allen or Rondo, with you.

You cleary have an intense dislike for the man.

Later
No its not an intense dislike... its frustration that at this stage in his career he thinks we owe him something. The only dislike would be that I consider the Big 3 currently to be Rondo PP KG and he isn't even in the conversation anymore and if he thinks he is he's crazy.

I think he is an enourmous question mark for next year (and one that isn't going to be happy if he plays less than 20 minutes in a game.) Pierce and KG I know what to expect and a slower version of each is still a great player. A moody Allen who has lost his stroke (he struggled with FTs this year even though he did find his game eventually in the playoffs) isn't going to help us much.

If Ray wants to piggyback to a ring in Miami it takes a notch off his legacy here and there's no chance I say anything good about him until he retires or leaves the heat I promise you I will have an strong dislike then (its OK for fans to have all sorts of different opinions of a guy under those circumstance...I still love Manny Ramirez but lots of Boston fans don't unfortunately since they listen to the media.)

Rajon Rondo does things no other NBA point guard does. He is a pure distributor. Rose and Paul are good players but they are volume scorers who need a ton of shots. A scoring PG like Jeremy Lin could step into Chicago or LAC's teams and emulate Paul and Rose and just be a poor mans version of them...Jeremy Lin could never ever ever be a poor mans Rondo even in his dreams he wouldn't be able to see the court and pass the ball like Rajon.

2 years ago saying we'd be a 500 team without good players around him would be true. Right now I think he'd carry any NBA team to the playoffs. Rondo is equally comfortable dishing the ball on the break or in the fast court too, the offense can go at any pace with him.

Because he has elevated his game so much I don't really care about his off-court behavior and immaturity (we have KG around 3 more years we're fine in that area.)