View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 04:03 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
My buddy keeps arguing with me that Russell Westbrook is better than Kevin Durant and is the 2nd best player in the league.

I don't know what to say anymore.
I don't think Durant is THAT much better than Westbrook (or Harden.) I think Westbrook is closer to Durant than Wade is to LeBron.

Durant's outside shooting has regressed a little even if his all around game has improved and he's an annual MVP candidate/top 5 NBA player.

I used to think Westbrook should look to distribute more but after seeing how hard a lot of the buckets he gets are I think he needs to keep trying to score 30 points every game. Thing which people don't realize about OKC is that team relies on their home court far more than any other team and is a team that can be smacked in the mouth and sort of "lose it" and not play well for stretches (why I gave us a shot against them if we got by Miami.) When OKC gets cold its speedy Westbrook who carries them through bad stretches of games.

And Westbrook is pretty tall for how good a ball handler he is and how fast he is if I was building a team from nothing and knew I wouldn't have great players around my PG I'd take him over almost anyone.