View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Baller View Post
If he was available, do you consider Yandle a "Right Guy"? I'm not sure I do, even though I think he's a heck of a player. His skill set seems duplicative of Pietrangelo's, not necessarily complementary.
I do. Yandle is solid defensively, elite offensively. He can take over games. He's an impact player. I watched most of Phoenix' games the second half of the season (as you guys know, I was touting their legitimacy based on those observations) and Yandle continued to be a huge part of the reason they were successful. The concerns about him not getting matchups while OEL got tougher playoff assignments, IMO, say more about OEL than they do about Yandle. OEL is a special player, like Pietrangelo. Yandle is a highly mobile dman in line to be the Coyotes next captain after Doan. He can elude that first forechecker the way Russell did so successfully against the Kings. He's bigger, has much higher end offensive instincts, and there are games he would just take over. Whenever the Blues played the Coyotes, we had problems with Yandle (we went right through Jay Bouwmeester). The teams that can beat us in the playoffs play a similar style to the way we play in the regular season.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote