View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Mota

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I think so as well, I don't think either really were thinking about Philly at all, but when they got offered what they did it really made them think. And I think they are blowing other teams offers out of the water too. While it does scare me on one hand the possibility of landing both and going balls out to win right now is wonderful. To be honest I don't care about the cap stuff, if it gets us a cup I'm down for anything. We have money to spend and if theres anything homer knows how to do it's letting 2nd round picks and cap space burn a hole in his pocket.
That's how I feel. The market is insane no matter which way you look at it. If they arent over paying Parise/Suter they are over paying guys like Carle and other second tier players. I'd much rather Suter at 7.5-8.5 than Carle at 5.5-6.5.

Getting one or both of these guys makes this team a Cup contender. Yeah, the money is insane, but youre going to overpay for anyone...and I really think both of these guys will be great players late into their careers, making them safer bets than most top free agents.