View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 05:16 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Baller View Post
I guess my thinking is that Pietrangelo's ideal partner would be the flip of Yandle (elite defensively and competent offensively). That's why I was so excited about the Garrison possibility. I've read about Yandle much more than I've seen him play, granted.
I would have rather just signed Garrison versus trade signifcant assets for Yandle, and I definitely thought Garrison was the perfect fit. However, Yandle is an NHL impact defenseman who's only 25 and on a great contract. Like Pietrangelo this year, he finished 4th in Norris voting just a year ago. He's enough of an impact player that it simply makes the team better for having him. He will cost $$ but the Coyotes already lost a bunch of goal scoring on the wing with Whitney and might lose Doan too. And their forward cupboard is darn dry. Blues might have an easier time replacing the forwards they'd have to trade. I don't think it would involve Cole since they have tons of Cole-like depth already. Would probably be something like Stewart + Rattie + 1st or Perron + Rattie + 2d or something in that ballpark.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote