Old
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Good post.

I have contended time and again those "analysts" really don't do their homework, since the Kings could hardly be considered a typical "8th" seed...top to bottom, the WC was extremely tough this past season.

The "analysts" never do their homework because ANYONE can say "just get in and see what happens." And that the Kings "barely got in." They sure have short memories: the Kings actually played themselves out of a 3rd seed, but every "analyst" conveniently forgot that.

Just as they conveniently forgot the Kings finished the season 13-5-3, then went 16-4 in the playoffs for a 29-9-3 finish...oh well, let the myth continue to perpetuate itself...if it translates into back-to-back Cups, sign me up first to drink the Kool-Aid.
Exactly! The analysts always talk about how we barely got in, when, correct me if I'm wrong, we were the 3rd seed and 1st in the west the day we qualified, right? I guess to the reporters it makes better story to have "barely made the playoffs" in the story than "qualified as the 8th seed".