View Single Post
Old
11-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
All told, between french CBC on Sat. evenings, a couple of TSN games and bugging a friend with Centre Ice, I estimate I've seen 13 or 14 games. I've also been watching since about 1965, How about you? Did you watch the WC games last year?
Yes I watched all games this year. I've also seen the WC and was the first to praise his play. What's your point? I never said Rivet wasn't able to play well, just that he wasn't playing well right now.

Quote:
In none of the game I've seen has Rivet shown me anything that could convince me that he can't still be a very valuable part of this team.
I don't know what you're argueing about. I'm talking about his play now. If you think he actually plays well *right now*, we'll just let it die as nothing you will say could make me change my mind. I know what I saw.

Quote:
I remember a time in Montreal when we had respect around the league as having among the most knowledgable fan bases. Now we have a GM having to step in and tell miscreants to stop destroying one of the better players playing on a below average team. Will he have to do it again? I would feel embaressed for this team if that was the case.
Huh... Wasn't Lafleur booed? How many players were run out of town by the fans? What about Malakhov?

Quote:
Will some posters here recognize that the mess Molson's let this team become at the end of their tenure will take years to fix? Not likely. Will they ever recognise that we and every team trying to gain contender status needs players like Rivet and Quintal and Juneau as part of a rebuilding process? Not a chance.
So if Gainey does not re-sign Quintal and Juneau at the end of the year, does that mean he's incompetant?

Quote:
Along with patient (and spendy ownership) we need stability in management and personnel. When I see a player with the heart of Rivet being downgraded like this it makes me sick.
Hey I never said I was in favor of the booing, towards him or any other player for that matter.