View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I'm not sure how much faith I put in that. The Ducks prospect strength is at forward and they have several guys that will be competing for roster time at the forward position--Palmieri, Holland, Etem, etc. Long-term, the Ducks bigger need is probably at defense. Even with their acquisitions yesterday, their prospects at that position are slimmer. Would a guy like Tyutin or moreso, John Moore, be of interest? Based on at least one or two Ducks fans recent questions in that regard, I think the answer may be, yes.
Moore or Savard might make sense--depending on how high they are. On the other hand, I believe that I read that they think Lindholm could be ready as soon as 2013-14--and combined with Fowler and Sbisa, they have a solid trio of blue-chip top-4 guys. I do know that most of their fans dismissed Mezsaros as a negative value and suggested he couldn't crack their NHL line-up--and that was before yesterday's signings.

The consensus this morning seemed to be that the Ducks would expect forwards over defenseman back...but, admittedly, that's just the fans posing.

I don't think they expect Etem to be ready for a top-six role for some time, and they see Palmieri more as a third-liner player next season. I think the whole reason they are desperate to find a young 2C is that they don't have a ton of confidence in Holland to develop into that role, but, again, I'm just going off my general impressions of the first 3,500 + posts of the Bobby Ryan trade thread.