View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Nuckles
Professional Amateur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Is Versteeg really a consistent top 6 forward? He was a third liner in Chicago, he was a third liner in Toronto, he was a third liner in Philly for the most part. He is really productive offensively as a third liner but that is where he has been most of his career.

I like your trade from the Leafs point of view. Mac for Theadore is good for us. He is a great stopgap, and the price is much easier to give up than what most of you want for Lu. It is just to me that Versteeg seems like alot less than what you guys have been asking for for the last 18 threads.

Versteeg was traded 3 times last year all for alot less value than Luongo.
Ignoring his first NHL season (where he only played 13 games), he's never had less than 40 points per season.

Last season he averaged close to 20 minutes per night.
In 2010-11, with Toronto/Philly he averaged close to 18 minutes per night, and in his last season with Chicago he averaged close to 16 minutes per game.
He's won a cup before, and he is capable of playing a top 6 role for a full season.

I'd take that over MacArthur/Kulemin any day of the week.

And in the past Canucks fans have been asking for a top 4 d-man, but now we don't need one with the signing of Garrison. Our main need now is a top 6 forward. We could also use a depth d-man (preferably right handed), but we could easily fill that need in free agency.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar