View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Nash is 28, Ryan 25 - Not much of a gap..

Both have almost identical numbers at their respective stages at this point in their career. The one HUGE difference, Nash has done it surrounded by mediocrity going up against top pairing defensemen, while Ryan has benefited from the talent around him, and isn't usually matched up against a #1 pairing. Don't get me wrong, Ryan is talented..
As I mentioned multiple times, there are 3 major differences between Nash and Ryan

1) the major difference: salary. Nash makes 7.8 million for 6 more which - which is a killer while Ryan makes only 5 million for 3 more years. Major difference in salary.

2) age. Ryan is a whole 3 years younger and you can see he looks younger than Nash who appears to be more sluggish on the ice.

3) while Nash hasn't played with any talented players, Ryan has jumped around lines on Anaheim. More importantly he saw limited powerplay time because he was on the second unit. While you could argue at with talented players Nash is a 40 goal scorer, you could also argue, which I have, that you give Ryan more consistent top line minutes and first powerplay unit time he'd also be a 40 goal scorer.