View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
I agree with this but I would go as far to say that Murray is making the same mistake again with signing Allen (and to some extent Souray as well). The problem is not that he signed these guys, but at Murray keeps signing guys that are 5/6 pairing guys and somehow he thinks magically they’re going to be top 4 guys.

My fear is that are we looking at a third straight season where Murray has to scramble and go to the waiver wire to shore up the holes he left open in the offseason. To put it another way, will Murray need to scramble again to fill holes that he thought he filled, but didn’t because the players he signed never really had to ability to fill that roll. Murray was able to get a mix of younger players and vets on the blue-line, but it just doesn’t feel like a good mix to me. Yes we will be to tougher to play against, but the looking at the D corps (as it stands now) the Ducks look like a bubble team at best, and if there are any injuries all bets are off. Sorry not trying to be a downer, but I just don’t like what I see on the blue-line for the Ducks.
Just going by the salaries, it's apparent that Murray thinks a lot more about Souray and Allen than he did Eminger/Ward/Boynton/trainwreck after trainwreck. So at least he's trying something different.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote