Thread: Team Toughness
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 09:47 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
With only a day into free agency, we have lost a significant amount of the toughness from the roster. While we may have improved as a team either offensively or defensively from our acquisitions, the loss of Carkner, Konopka and Foligno has certainly created a bit of a toughness void that needs to be addressed.

Currently we are left with only three truly tough players in Neil, Smith and Cowen and a few more physical players in Lattendresse, Methot and Greening. It will be interesting to see which players are promoted internally to fill the toughness void.

We have a few physical and gritty players in Zibanejad, Noesen, O'Brien and Stone. Then we have a few tough and nasty players in Gryba, Blood, Borowiecki, Dziurzynski and Kramer.
Without reading the other posts I agree with this point and it has been a concern of mine. Sens will have a great regular season with a lot of youth and skill scoring points, but then someone like NYR or Philly will feed us our lunch (through a straw). I hope this changes or Murray picks up someone at the deadline.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote