Thread: Proposal: Give Gomez one last chance?
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Why are we insisting to put our best playmaking center(or forward in general for that matter) on the wing when he's a natural C? Ya ya, he's small, I get it, but our of all our offensive centers, he has the best vision and is part of our ONLY working line last year.
Marty St. Louis and Daniel Briere both have great vision as well.

They're also not that similar to Desharnais, other than the fact that they're much smaller than the average NHL player.

I defy you to find me one top 6 minute getting centerman in the last 20 years to win a Stanley Cup.

I love what he brings to the table, and I think the potential is there for him to move to the wing and be a continual top 6 guy, or even maybe be an absolutely lethal 3rd line centerman allowed to face inferioer competition due to great depth on the team.

Or maybe he proves me wrong.

But I just think he makes the most sense to move to center.

Also, when Galchenyuk comes in to the picture unless they move a guy who played center in junior, to the wing...they need to move (through trade or realignment) a guy anyways. Why not do that now? Provided Galchenyuk isn't on the team of course.

Why shouldn't Desharnais be able to use his great vision from the wings?

I look at a guy like Eller with goal scoring acumen, speed, size and 2 way capabilities and I think Desharnais would look great on his wing.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote