View Single Post
Old
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyintherain View Post
So what would you realistically trade him for then?

There's at least 1 sens fan that doesn't believe him to be more than a 6th Dman enforcer so both sides appear to be pretty far apart in terms of value so far.
i honest dont care what your fans see him as...im not tryin to be a ******, im talking about realism. McIlrath has a chance to be a frightening player to play against. Hes a boom/bust prospect. Regarding trading our D...why would we? Good, reliable defenseman, especially good, reliable UNIQUE defenseman are damn near impossible to find unless they are vastly overpaid. to me, defenseman are more valuable than forwards....and thats not just because im a defenseman

unless u r talking about Crosby, Malkin, etc...id take an equal value D over an equal value forward every day of the week and twice on sundays. Defense is the hardest position to develop internally. rangers are the most spoiled fan base in the NHL because of how well weve developed young D. we seem to have forgotten the days of Ozolinsh, Malik, Karpa, etc on D. right now the rangers have 4 young studs on d....5 if Sauer ever recovers from his concussion and steps back to his old level...thats practicallly unheard of in this day and age...add in Erixon, Skjei, McIlrath, etc were set for a while. Rangers arent moving these kids unless its for a MAJOR upgrade up front. Why would we do a lateral move AT BEST in prospect for prospect? Im not moving Erixon, McIlrath, JT Miller, Skjei, Dubinsky, or Anisimov for anything short of Bobby Ryan, Evander Kane, Rick Nash, or someone of that ilk (young, established, star offensive players). Otherwise im more than content to head into next year with what we have.

I can live with....

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
AA - Dubinsky - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Fedotenko (if he re-ups)
Rupp - Boyle - Asham

is it ideal? no. but we had many a game last season with Mitchell, Scott, and players like that playing. Weve got JT Miller in the pipeline along with criminally overlooked Christian Thomas, and others.

If we cant get the home run piece for OUR price, stand pat. im not moving prospects for prospects.