View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
He has a point.

I am definitely in the go-for-it-all right now mood. We have a 3-4 year window with Hank and BR in their prime, some of the younger players being cheap etc. Look at Parise going to Pitt. Detroit is not even attractive any more. Players are willing to do alot to get a chance at the cup. Its not unrealistic at all that we all of a sudden is a 6th overall in the East team that lost in the first round, again almost, team after this season if we do not do something. Resulting in many players rather going to Philly or Pitt than NY. While the diffrence between that and going all the way very well could be a couple of first round picks that has a 30% chance of helping us 4-5 years from now, if not 5-6 years.

But many players won't help us. And ending up with a Ville Leino type of contract would set us back for years. Somewhere along the line you just try to fill holes. And we do got one hole up front.

Zucc got a NHL-out clause. Slats should give him a call. I much rather see him then us overpaying 4m for someone who probably will become the next Wolski.

I like Hemsky. If he only had one year left on his contract, he could also have been a good option. Now he got two years and he is definitely a gamble.