Old
07-03-2012, 07:09 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Pardon Darcy's French - CoHo & TEnnis ain't going nowhere

http://wgr550.com/HAMILTON--The-Sabr...d-off/13615703

Quote:
The Sabres had trouble with offense last year so why was Roy expendable? “He’s got one year left on his contract and I think aside from being a very good centerman, a playmaker, with Tyler Ennis moved into the middle, with Cody Hodgson in the middle we certainly weren’t looking and aren’t going to move Tyler and Cody. We’ll still have to address to see if we can get a little bigger in the middle to compliment those guys.” Regier did say he spoke with Roy after the season and he did know it was possible he could be traded.
It will be interesting to see if they can get a Nash or a Ryan if Hodgson and Ennis are off the table.

Quote:
I’ve had many questions as to whether Regier has been in on the Zach Parise talks. All he would say was, “We’ve been in on the free agents, we continue to have offers outstanding, and are involved, and I’m not going to speak to the individual players, but we’ve been very active in that.”

Regier mentioned they still wanted a big center, but how about the wing. Is he still open to acquiring scoring to the wing? Regier said, “We’re looking at any situation that will make us a better team, so we’re not locked in, and certainly there are some guys we would not want to trade (Myers, McNabb, Ennis, Hodgson, Miller, Foligno, Grigorenko and Girgensons) under any circumstances, there’s lots of flexibility there yet.”

So read between the lines and it seems like there still could be more to come.
I wonder what FAs they have offers out to.....

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote