View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 06:22 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Wow. Better than gagne? Richards? Betts? Giroux? Lappy? Nodl?

Slightly above par
You should take a look at Giroux's defensive numbers with Carter on his wing, and his numbers without Carter on his wing. Carter won't ever win a Selke, but he's a better two-way player than Giroux for sure.

As for JvR, my main problem with him wasn't that he didn't produce as much offensively as we'd expected last year, but that he didn't round out his game more. He's got the tools to be efficient on the backcheck, but he's far too often caught staring at the puck and forgetting about his own man. I still wish we hadn't traded him though.

He played quite a lot of his time with the Flyers with Giroux as the center. The JvR-Giroux-Carter line was pretty decent. He was also on a line with Richards and Versteeg (or Nödl) for some time that year (10-11) iirc. In 09-10 I want to say that his most common linemates were Giroux and Asham, but I'm not so sure there. This past season he started out with Giroux and Jagr, but that line didn't click. JvR was left out of it pretty much, Giroux and Jagr were looking to set each other up all the time. Hartnell was more of a fit for that role than JvR is. Due to JvR's injury problems he never really found consistent linemates after that, but he played some time with Brière (or Schenn) and Simmonds, I believe.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote