View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The more I read about Rick Nash, the more I think the guy's a loser. I don't want any part of Nash in Philadelphia. I'm sure where ever he ends up, he wants to be the top billing. He wouldn't get it in Philadelphia and I could see his nose being all bent out of shape about that.

Agreed though about him wanting out so bad, but making it hard to do so. I'd love to see Howson come out and say "we tried dealing Rick to the following places where they are playoff contenders, but he veto'd every one of those places." It's like Dany Heatley all over again. Get over yourself Nash. You're a good player, but you aren't a great player.
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If he wanted to be the undisputed star, he'd stay in Columbus.

In fact, I think you've almost inverted the situation.

He wants to move to a particular kind of situation--and if you look at the places that he would accept a trade to (New York, San Jose, Los Angeles, etc.)--they are teams that have established star-caliber players around him. In Buffalo, he'd still have to be the focal point of the offense.

It seems to me that Nash wants to be a supporting star on a contending team, rather than a star player on a middling team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Zach Parise is flying home to Minnesota this morning. He isn't sure if he will have a decision before he leaves Toronto. #parisewatch
Retweeted by Tim Panaccio

You know what, I hope everyone cancels their offers and the FA can begin.
I thought he was flying last night. Sheesh.

Parise has to be down to three or so teams by this point. I think they have an obligation to let the spurned suitors know that they can move on--and, by most counts, we're in that camp.