Thread: Speculation: Suter and Parise
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 10:04 AM
RayP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I like Seabrook, but I don't think he's a beast physically. He has the most value at the blueline in my opinion and would be about the only player a team in the West might give up a quality center for. I just don't see any of the wings really landing the center the Hawks need and the way the team is constructed right now, I think a good 2 way center does more for the Hawks rather than having Suter and Seabrook and their combined cap hits.

If they could land the center a different way, I would love to see it, but I'm skeptical prospects, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, or Keith would lure a WC gm (or most gms) into giving up a good center. I would prefer to keep Keith long term anyway.

Anyway, I want the center more than I want Seabrook, and trading Brent seems like it might be one of the best of the bad options available to addressing that need.

I'm not saying he is a beast phsyically in general, but more so that the rest of our blueline would be Charmin soft. Not to mention he was by far our most consistent dman last year, and arguably the year before as well. That, and he is a great cap hit. Well, look at what guys like Wiz got recently.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote